macbookpro hard drive patition

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rjsaddington, Jan 14, 2014.

1. rjsaddington macrumors newbie

i had a problem with with win7 on boot camp so i decided to remove boot parition when doing this i had a message saying file error
    when looking at disk utility it shows my hd as 750 gb 500 as mac below a blank space were my boot camp 250gb was , i have tried to to extend the mac to full 750gb for but it refuses to enlarge to the partition any help to resolve this would be appreciated
    richard

2. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

If you have removed the Bootcamp partition then as far as I know you will have to repartition with Disk Utility and restore.

Take a backup of your 500GB partition and while you do that I'm sure someone who has done this before will be along to advise (I haven't, don't run Bootcamp)...

3. rjsaddington thread starter macrumors newbie

macbookpro hard disk patition

i have a time mc backup. when looking at the 750gb disk with disk utility 500gb is the mac partition the space below is i assume 250gb that was the boot partition. i have tried to resize the mac partition to the full 750 gb in disk utility but this didn't work, would that be because it was window format partition ,
    how can i delete the 250gb partition

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Once OSX is running on the 500GB partition, run bootcamp and remove the 250GB partition and it'll take back the space.