MacBookPro+iphone+tether=Gamers Nirvana.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cavanboy18, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Cavanboy18 macrumors regular

okay so i have the 17" mbp the iphone 3g *waiting till next year to upgrade nothing in 3gs really wowed me*.
    so for the past week i have been using tethering on my iphone. it is a friggen god send! i was able to stay hooked up and play my Warcraft 3 Dota Tourneys while on the train to north carolina to see my grandpa no problem. i am hooked up to the internet at my grandpas house via tethering because i dont wanna suck up his bandwith on his pooty internet... my family drove to the beach which was 3 hours away. with the extended battery time i was able to game there and back gaming on the internet pwnen scrubs!
    i mean i really love having internet were ever the hell i go. now i can play games and such while at my college campus! *they blocked the battle.net ports!* hopefully all i will have to pay is the extra 10$ for my tethering plan when it officially comes out on AT&T. Thank you apple for making my life better and easier!
    also the delay is not bad at all. just a 0-1sec delay. not for hard core gaming but for WoW, Warcraft 3, Diablo 3, and Starcraft 2 i believe the iphone will do the job more then fine! atleast for me!

2. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

While I'm mildly annoyed that tethering only works over USB with 10.5.7, the Bluetooth speeds with 10.4.9 are more than acceptable. I like.

3. AdamLikesMusic macrumors 6502

4. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

Sorry to dash your hopes but there is no way that AT&T will charge only $10 a month for tethering. Why would they do that when they charge $30 a month for tethering on their other phones. My guess it that the option for the iphone will at least be as much.

5. Cavanboy18 thread starter macrumors regular

because im already paying 30$ for this data plan for UNLIMITED DATA on my iphone.

6. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

7. Tomple macrumors 6502a

Tomple

8. Cavanboy18 thread starter macrumors regular

normal. if you would like to activate tethering go to this website on your iphone http://help.benm.at and scroll down and download the carrier setting for whatever provider u use. heres the website for computers to look at http://www.benm.at/2009/06/13/helpbenmat/

9. sukanas macrumors 6502a

sukanas

as cool as all this might sound...

plus 1 to previous poster... someones playing a little to much games..

10. Cavanboy18 thread starter macrumors regular

well i am on summer vacation i am in college... what more do you want me todo?

11. eVolcre macrumors 65816

eVolcre

Get laid? :D

12. Cavanboy18 thread starter macrumors regular

i got to JMU its not that hard to get laid lol. all i have todo is goto a party and im pretty sure ill be going back to some ones dorm lol.. we also have the highest STD rate so im thinking about getting my johnson laminated.

13. eVolcre macrumors 65816

eVolcre

Way WAY TMI. Lets get back to talking about your games. lol

eV

14. ikir macrumors 65816

I've tried to play games with teathing 1 week ago when i was on vacation (it was raining :) and it worked great!

15. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

(emphasis added)

Right. On your iPhone. AT&T normally charges an additional $30 a month for tethering for data plans.

I am not saying it is right, but it is. And being matters more than what is right in this situation.

16. Cavanboy18 thread starter macrumors regular

if AT&T had a face i would punch it. no mms and if a they have some jacked up tether plan.... im gunna do somethen to the closest AT&T store near me...