MacbookPro Keyboard Backlit LED Tiny Problem + Closing Lid

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mohammad, Mar 23, 2009.

1. mohammad macrumors member

mohammad

Hi,

This might sound funny but I just realized that the lower LED of keys "7" & "H" don't lit up anymore? Not sure if it was faulty from the beginning or not? The side LED's of those keys works fine.. is this something which usually can happen with new laptops? Should I consider contacting Apple Care?

Personally I don't even use this back lit function, and I don't want to send my laptop under surgery for such a small reason :)

One more question when I close my LCD I can see that the left side is not fully closed as the right side of the LCD? So there is a tiny miss-alignment? Again not very noticeable, but does anyone else have the same issue?

Although I might be picky but I expect my 2200 Euro laptop to be built top-notch not even with a single glitch anywhere on it!

Cheers,
    Mohammad

2. brave5213 macrumors regular

3. macfrik macrumors 6502

macfrik

You better contact Apple regarding to this problem. Who knows you ended up getting a brand new MacBook Pro? :)

4. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

5. mohammad thread starter macrumors member

mohammad

I'm worried that if I send it back the new one which I get might be also having the same minor issues?

6. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

i've said this before but you gotta weigh your options. is it enough to annoy to the point that it effects you in everyday use and becomes annoying? or is it something that you can live with. you know in your "Gut" as Colbert would say what the right choice is. and its always good to go with your Gut.:cool:

7. SecondDealer macrumors regular

If I were you I would send it back to Apple, although parting with your new computer will be difficult you want everything to be in tip top shape. What if that minor misalignment gets worse over time, you'll had wished that you sent it back in the beginning. Macs are incredibly high quality machines, yours may be an exception, Id take my chances.

8. sos85 macrumors member

Yes I also think so, dont try to repair it by yourself.;)

9. dodomuro macrumors newbie

lol I got the exact same problem... except only the key 7... I guess i'll live with it...:)

10. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

take a look at dates before you post to a thread. i see you are new and it is your first post. when you post to an old thread you pop it right up to the top again which can be annoying. especially if the thread is 2 years old.

this one is not too bad but just becareful. alot of people have been resurrecting really old threads lately.