MacbookPro mid 2009 issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by andreii1, Jan 12, 2013.

1. andreii1 macrumors newbie

Hello. I've boought a new hybrid hard disk (Momentus XT 7200) and i've replaced the one from my macbook pro with it. Everything seemed fine for one week, but, after that, i've started having problems. They started(maybe coincidence, maybe not) from the moment when i connected my laptop to the TV( via MiniDisplayPort to HDMI adapter).
    When I first start the laptop, it doesn't boot, it simply remains at the white screen from the beginning. If I close it and reopen it for several times, it starts booting.If I close it after being opened for some time and try to open it again, it boots. The problem appears only if I close it and let it like this for some hours.
    I'd like to mention that I have two partition: the Mac OS X 10.8.2 one and the Windows 7 via Bootcamp one.
    I could really use some help, every idea is good. Thank you very much !

2. makaveli559m macrumors 6502

Hi have you checked to make sure that you have all the updates on the Mac side?

3. andreii1 thread starter macrumors newbie

yep! they are up to date(mac software). are you talking about Hybrid's software?

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

The Momentus XT had plenty of firmware issues with MacBooks. Make sure you've updated that to the current version. (Not easily done on OSX and can erase the contents of the drive).

Check your version using About This Mac.

5. andreii1 thread starter macrumors newbie

it's SM12 .. i'm not sure if it is the last one, but, if it is not, erasing the content would not be a problem

6. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

7. andreii1 thread starter macrumors newbie

they do only have drivers for 500,320 and 250 GB and i have the 750 gb version :(