Macbookpro Release Date?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by anne8128, Dec 28, 2009.

1. anne8128 macrumors newbie

I was just wondering if anyone had any guesses on when the new Macbook Pros would be coming out. If Fudzilla is correct that Arrandale-based processors are coming January 3rd, would this mean the Macbooks would be soon to come?

Thanks!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. anne8128 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

The 26th sounds like a good date given the evidence, I would suspect that is definitely a notebook date, whether it's a tablet date is another story.

5. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

What evidence? There's nothing to suggest MBP.

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

The nothing is the absence of updates, since it is already three days past the update cycle.
    http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#MacBook_Pro

And the coming age of Arrandales.
    And some other pointers.

And it would give Apple a reason to prolong the show and get anticipations high in the audience for the one last more thing. Or two.

7. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

I know that. Hell, I'm in the Arrandale thread daily. But there nothing to suggest it will happen at the supposed event on the 26th. It could happen any Tuesday before or after that.

8. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

It could happen that day of course.

We'll see.

9. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

Yeah i think we'll see it before then. iMac was refreshed without an event, same with MBP refreshes for the most part. I'm thinking closer to January 7 (CES, Arrandale unleashed) than January 26th (rumored iSlate).

10. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

I'm thinking Jan 12 to be specific. At the announcement of the iPhone in '07, Jobs spoke about it for nearly 80 mins. Tablet could be stretched to an hour and a half and have its own event.

11. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

A couple of thoughts:
    1. Product cycle
    2. Apple traditionally updates the MacBook Pro's in January
    3. Normally, because of MacWorld it has been more then just a random Tuesday update​

Despite the recent rumors I still believe that we will see much of the same expected updates in January. More importantly, iThink sticking one's head in the sand and thinking that there won't be an update in January is just stupid. (to prevent me from being put in TO, that was in no way directed at any user or their actions)

I would doubt Apple does two events in the same month, although if there is no event then I could easily see your logic.