MacbookPRO SCREEN HELP!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by 7TENCHIEF, Aug 6, 2012.

1. 7TENCHIEF macrumors newbie

A few weeks ago I go on my Macbook and everything is working fine.
    I was surfing the web then the screen just went BLACK........

took it to the Apple Dumbasses and they showed me the bill and i couldnt believe the ammount they were trying to charge me to fix something that just happened on its own....
    Dude said supposedly there was ''water damage''

So i took it back home, having ALL MY MUSIC on the mac i was determined to find a way to hop back on....

I bought a cable and now i am typing to you on my macbook connected to a HP monitor.... with the macbook screen ALWAYS being black ever since.

EVERYTHING works thoug.... i am using my macbook just like it used to be.... except the fact that now its like a Desktop...

HOW CAN I FIX MY SCREEN?????
    IS THERE ANY REPAIR SHOPS FOR CHEAP???
    WHAT PART IS EXACTLY DAMAGED SINCE EVERYTHING WORKS BUT THE SCREEN IS BLACK???????????

HOW CAN I FIX THIS ON MY OWN..(FIXED IPHONES AND OTHER MACS NEVVER HAD THIS HAPPEN THO)

PLEASE HELP YO!!!!!!

2. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

Do you know what part they said they needed to replace? The entire LCD panel can be replaced but it's a pretty involved process (it's listed as "Very Difficult" on ifixit).

Here's a guide from ifixit on how to install the panel on a 13" unibody Macbook: http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing-MacBook-Unibody-Model-A1278-LCD-Panel/1428/1

The replacement panel itself is 130$. Not sure what model Macbook yours is but I think they have the panels for most models.

However, even if you replace the panel the display could not work properly. There could be an issue with the Logic Board as well if Apple claimed the problem was from water damage. Are you sure water or any sort of liquid didn't get into the computer?? It would be helpful to know what Apple was planning on charging you to replace.

3. 7TENCHIEF thread starter macrumors newbie

i think there may have been a cold glass of water on the table the night before and thats about it....... it seems to be a part in the mac that got wet like the cable that would acutally transmit the picture to the screen

4. -tWv-, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012

-tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

Ifixit sells the connector cable, you could replace that as well.