MacBookPro..... should i wait??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dpl123, May 25, 2011.

1. dpl123 macrumors newbie

Hey,
    one of my first posts here , so first of all hello! i was wondering what peoples thoughts are regarding the MacBookPro? i know this it is approaching a total refresh, and i usually like to wait until right before a refresh to purchase the "most perfected model" of what currently exists, do you think the speed or any other item on these will be updated one more time before a new launch?? any thoughts are appreciated, also if i am wrong about anything i wrote feel free to point it out , i like to learn new things.
    and thanks for whoever takes time to respond

2. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

Well you said you would like to wait for the refresh, so just wait. Others have enjoyed it and will probably upgrade when the new model comes out. But to each is own. I say buy now and enjoy what you have rather than what "might" be better.

3. s.hasan546 macrumors 6502

it was just launched like 2 months ago. How quick do you want a refresh :confused:

please go read older thread & search.

4. Surely Guest

Surely

What type of stuff are you planning on doing with it?

5. rmitchell248 macrumors 6502

macrumoring

6. dpl123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mostly video editing& graphic design stuff( run alot of apps simultaneously and i just feel having a stronger machine never hurts), when i say refresh i just mean minor like bump from 2.3-2.5 etc.... not when they overhaul it and new case etc.

7. ' r i S e n macrumors regular

You won't see a new model for many months, and if you want the latest and greatest every time - you will send yourself into financial ruin and you will never really be ahead of the game ... just stupid, really.

8. dpl123 thread starter macrumors newbie

luckily my company that i work for gives me 4K a year towards cell phone, computer and technology purchases. its a very cool incentive. im not like going crazy i just was curious, wanted to hear thoughts, haha..... some of you think im stupid i get it , haha

9. ' r i S e n macrumors regular

I wasn't calling you stupid. I was just saying that the thought of being "ahead of the game" is basically non-existant as far as technology is concerned in terms of purchasing as soon as something comes out, as something new and more improved will always be released afterwards.

With that incentive though, I guess you have it made if you don't see yourself needing any of that money for an emergency such as a mandatory replacement of one of those kind of devices.