MacbookPro with Spanish keyboard only at Apple Store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bytewise, Nov 7, 2012.

1. bytewise macrumors newbie

Feb 27, 2009
    I would like to buy a MacbookPro with a non-English (Spanish) keyboard.

Buying through a shop like or Fry's is a lot cheaper than the Apple list price (up to $200 difference). The only problem is that I can't find an inexpensive place where I can order it with a Spanish keyboard.

Is it possible to buy the MacbookPro with Spanish keyboard at places / online shops other than Apple? Where is this possible?

Actually, I just found one place to do this,, but they sell almost at Apple's list prices. Are there other places that offer better prices?
  2. Rhinoevans macrumors 6502

Oct 5, 2012
    Las Vegas, NV
    I am in Saudi Arabia, and all keyboards are in Arabic. I had to goto a US Navy base (Bahrain) to find one in JUST english
  3. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Oct 21, 2012
    You can buy it and then ask Apple to change the top case for you - but it'll probably negate any difference in price.
  4. xAgustinx macrumors regular

May 22, 2012
    OP, Where are you from? In Mexico all the keyboards are in spanish (also, macbooks are more expensive than in USA).
  5. bytewise, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012

bytewise thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 27, 2009
    Actually I'm from Germany, and thinking to import a Mac from the US (I've got relatives in the US).

I want a Spanish layout because it is the same as German, at least as far as the number of keys and basic layout goes. A French layout would do, too! I thought Spanish is probably more common in the US.

Importing from Canada is not really an option for me.

How much is it to change the top part to a different layout by Apple?