MacbookPro won't accept password from locked screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alamedadad, Oct 26, 2011.

1. alamedadad macrumors newbie

Hi, I have a MBP 6.2 running mac os x 10.6.8 and I've just recently starting seeing this problem.

When I go away from my Mac, I always lock the screen. When I come back and put in my password, the mac will randomly decide that my password is incorrect. This usually happens in the afternoon with the machine having been on all day.

There seems to be no pattern to this, but once it happens, I have no choice but to power the mac off and start again. The mac accepts my password for login. It will also accept it if I lock the screen, several time.

Any help with this? I'm afraid of losing data. So far, I've been in remote desktop sessions to PCs and on web-based apps and no local apps.

Thanks...Michael

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

If you're afraid of losing data, make backups. Plain and simple.

3. alamedadad thread starter macrumors newbie

I think you kind of missed the point here...

I do backups, but if this happens during the day and I forget to save the file I'm working on, I'll lose it.

Hasn't anyone seen this behavior?? I see lots of people have read the post but nobody has responded.

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

i think thats the resoning behind the Resume feature in Lion for people in your boat

5. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

Hey have you tried repairing and verifying your keychain permissions and your permissions in disk utility.

Attached Files: