MacBookPro4,1 - 2,2 - and 1,1

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Steve.P.JobsFan, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Steve.P.JobsFan macrumors 6502a

Steve.P.JobsFan

Hey all,

I'm considering buying a MacBook Pro off eBay. But, I was wondering if any of the three I was eyeing could run Mavericks, or at the least ML or Lion.

One of them is a MacBookPro1,1 with a 2.0 GHz Core Duo & 1 GB RAM

Another one is a MacbookPro2,2 with a 2.33 GHz C2D & 2GB RAM.
    (This one also has all the original packaging and accessories, and has a brand new Apple battery with 10 cycles on it.)

The last one is a MacBookPro4,1 with a 2.5 GHz C2D and 4GB RAM.

The 4,1 system from Gazelle seems to be the best offer, with the fastest processor and the most RAM -- but I kinda like the 2,2 system because it has a brand new OEM replacement battery, and all the original packaging.

Will any of these systems run Mavericks?

(Also, I'm making a thread in the buying section for general advice on best bang for buck, since this isn't the place to ask.)

2. Steve.P.JobsFan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Steve.P.JobsFan

3. simsaladimbamba

4. Humex macrumors 6502

I installed OS X Mavericks on a Macbook Pro 4.1 and it works well (much better than ML).

5. Steve.P.JobsFan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Steve.P.JobsFan

Ah. :eek:

I wish that 2,2 could run it. Like I said, I love that it has a brand new battery and all the packaging. But I would like ML too...

Humex, do you (or simsala) really notice any feature differences between ML and Lion? It's been too long since I've used Lion.

I really only care about iCloud integration. I'm sure I'm forgetting something else I would care about, too.... :p

6. Humex macrumors 6502

In all honesty, I was surprised at the speed of Lion (I liked this version). Mountain Lion (10.8.4 looked more stable) I found more greedy but Mavericks looks more optimized.
    I have a SSD (but SATA bridled = 1.5 Gbps) and 6GB RAM, and sometimes there are latencies.
    For iCloud: OS X Lion 10.7.4, OS X and OS X ML Mavericks.