Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hello,

I have a MacBookPro9,2 (mid 2012) with firmware 226.0.0.0.0 and when looking for the latest i found this version MBP91.00D3.B0C (2015-002) - https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1848?locale=en_US but can't install it on Sierra (current installed OSX) my question is, how to update firmware to the latest one?

Thank you in advance!
The firmware version you have is much newer than the one you linked. If you installed the Sierra security update released yesterday, you have the newest firmware available for that computer.

Oder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2018
Many thanks @chrfr received a notification to update Safari yesterday but no security update i think. I was trying to to see if this could solve a problem as this computer has a lot of "ball of death" and lag with just one or 2 apps running.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Many thanks @chrfr received a notification to update Safari yesterday but no security update i think. I was trying to to see if this could solve a problem as this computer has a lot of "ball of death" and lag with just one or 2 apps running.
That's more likely disk related. The 2012 computers are prone to having the disk cable fail and cause slow access, but also, unless you've upgraded the original disk to an SSD, this is almost certainly the root of your problem. You should probably check again for the security update as well. It's separate from the Safari update.

Oder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2018
Just found the update on the AppStore, done! I have replaced the cable 3 months ago (im not very tech guy) so maybe it was not so well installed, also have SSD as main drive and the old drive installed on a caddy. And yes, think you're right it must be the cable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.