Macbook's apple logo flickers

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iFanaddic, Nov 11, 2008.

1. iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

When I close the lid of my laptop it goes to sleep the logo turns off and so does the screen. But every minutes or so it start flickering for no reason.

What can I do?

2. Cooki3 macrumors newbie

I've also noticed this. When my lid is closed the apple logo flickers every minute or so. This happens directly after a relatively discreet sound from the superdrive. Why is this happening? Do you guys have the same problem, or is it a problem?

This happens both when I'm connected with the magsafe adapter and while running on battery, and I'm concerned about battery drain, since the computer probably wakes up from sleep when this happens...

3. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

Im still experiencing this problem.. I now know you can set your laptop to wake from sleep when it detect bluetooth and firewire but they're both uncheck so I dont think thats the cause of my issue, what about you?

Is there anything else that can wake my macbook like that?

4. Cooki3 macrumors newbie

This seems to be a problem with the magnet diode or something like that, try this solution:

"Disable waking up from sleep mode when lid opens:
    Terminal (Applications > Utilties)
    OFF: sudo pmset -a lidwake 0
    ON : sudo pmset -a lidwake 1"

5. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

but I do want by computer to wake from sleep when I open the lid. I just dont want it to wake up while the lid is closed

6. Aven SkyGazer macrumors regular

7. Cooki3 macrumors newbie

People are saying that this issue is USB-related, for example wireless mice and keyboards can wake your computer up from sleep. Anyway, the problem has occured when I didn't have ANYTHING connected to my macbook, so I'm not sure about that.

The solution I posted earlier should be working, the only difference is that you'll have to press a key or something to wake your computer up after you've opened the lid.

EDIT: My problem seems to be gone after using the command: sudo pmset -a lidwake 0
    I used it once, and it solwed the issue. Then I changed it back, and the issue hasn't returned, at least not yet!

8. BeachChair macrumors 6502a

What i heard as well, ive experienced this problem as well and from my memory it could well be tied to the times ive had my usb mouse plugged in or plugged out just before i put it to sleep.
    Havent had the problem in a while where i havent used any usb

9. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

Guys im still having this issue.. I don't want this thread to die, can someone help us fix this problem asap please this is killing my battery when im on the go.

10. Blasphemy4kidz macrumors newbie

Apple logo flickers; sounds from SuperDrive while in sleep mode. Help! :(

11. raremage macrumors 6502a

As a troubleshooting measure, can you disable the wake from sleep when opened feature? If you do so, does the issue still occur?