MacBooks are a lot more durable than most think

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dontwalkhand, Mar 26, 2011.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

My MacBook fell out of my car and fell straight into concrete cement. Very small scuff and she still works, no damage to screen. I have a time machine backup should anything happen to the hard drive.

Which is funny, this beat my ThinkPad which has a piece broken off when it fell onto concrete for the same reason. And ThinkPads were known for their durability.

How this happened was funny, it was simply because I had the computers leaned up against the car door...and I opened the door. Definitely more durable than any PC I have owned.

2. solaris7 macrumors regular

I am too lazy to look up the model, but was it the unibody model?

3. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Seems to be a chronic issue... maybe you should give up laptops ;)

4. dontwalkhand thread starter macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

This happened at the same time with both laptops propped up against that door. I made the mistake of putting everything off to one side to make room for a passenger in the back.

5. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

MacBooks are very durable. I beat the living hell out of mine, the bottom of the case is warped, there are scuff marks everywhere, and I've dropped it from small heights before. And guess what??? It still works perfectly fine. Lol

6. solaris7 macrumors regular

You really value your stuff.

7. foo0110 macrumors newbie

Mine dropped couple of time, once I dropped it when i stand up on bus, and it fell from my lap to the staircase. It still running nicely now :cool:

What's your model? mine macbook 4,1