MacBooks are international?

ApoorvPrem

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
India
So my friend is getting a MacBook from Singapore for me cos that would save me a lot of money. Their won't be any problems right? I mean any MacBook from any store in the world can be used anywhere else..?

Last edited:

Gwendolini

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2015
random
Yes, it can be used anywhere, the only difference will be the keyboard layout printed on it, but I guess there will be English keyboard versions available in Singapore.

Ovedius

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2012
Norway
While we are on the subject of keyboards:
If one wishes to swap out select keys, could this be done at home or is that a job for an Apple Store?

JoelTheSuperior

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2014
London, UK
While we are on the subject of keyboards:
If one wishes to swap out select keys, could this be done at home or is that a job for an Apple Store?
You can and I have before but I wouldn't recommend it as you have a risk of breaking a scissor mechanism. Granted they're incredibly strong on Apple machines but again, it's not a job for the faint of heart.

mlsusa

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
Are the plugs compatible with the ones used where you live? If not make sure to get some adapters for your sockets.

Ovedius

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2012
Norway
You can and I have before but I wouldn't recommend it as you have a risk of breaking a scissor mechanism. Granted they're incredibly strong on Apple machines but again, it's not a job for the faint of heart.
You know, normally I take everything apart and manhandle it in the name of science (that's what I call it anyway).
But Macs? I stay far away from anything that might anger The Machine Spirit.
-apart from swapping out RAM and HDDs for SSDs, that counts as a veneration of the Deus Mechanicus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.