MacBooks are not eco friendly - Apple lies!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Doju, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Doju macrumors 68000

Alright, on another forum there was a discussion of Apple haters (ugh, Windows fanboys) claiming that Apple is feeding us bull that there products aren't eco friendly because of how they're made. The post claimed the power and energy it takes to widdle down the aluminium block makes it 100x more energy-INefficient than any other notebook process.

See the attachment below.

Is this true? I hate these Apple bashers with no base, so could someone counteract this? Is that really true? Is Apple's eco friendly stance a load of bull?

Attached Files:

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Well THANK GOD he uses numbers and info he didnt just make up off the top of his head!

Allegations without evidence = fail.

3. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

The new notebooks are more eco-friendly due to the material they are made from. Not the process by which they are made...

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I'm not terribly fond of solid electricity and why would I be so gullible to believe everything Apple says? :rolleyes:

5. MatLane macrumors 6502a

MatLane

Agreed.

Pc fanboys attempt again and fail......miserably

6. Doju thread starter macrumors 68000

But if you use so much power (does it?) to create it, doesn't that make it less eco friendly as an END RESULT?

I'm aware the aluminium and what it's made of and ways of transportation are better for the environment, but does how it's made suck hence making overall it horrible for the environment?

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

It's not like apple uses a super secret machining technique, its industry standard (when it comes to working aluminum).

Anyway, just the Epeat Gold rating itself should serve as proof enough, it considers everything from design, to manufacturing, to (i beleive) transport.