Macbook's battery drops down to 40%

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by cnna, Jan 17, 2011.

1. cnna macrumors newbie

cnna

hi there, i have the last macbook on the market... i have it since october, and the battery have 8 cycles.

the macbook was plug in and charged (green light on). i watch the battery indicator on the menubar and it says 98 % .. i go to the wc.. when i come back i see the indicator on the charger have the orange light and in the menu bar says 40%...

if anyone have any idea what happend and if i have to start worry about take my laptop to the applestore.

tnks

EDIT: if this thread doesn't belong in here plz move

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

The battery level is suppose to discharge to 95 percent if you're continuously connected to power but I don't think it's ever suppose to drop to 40 percent if you're still connected to power. You should try to calibrate the battery and start using your battery more. 8 cycles in 3 months isn't really good for you battery and if you keep the same habit of keeping it connected to power, you'll kill your battery much quicker.

3. cnna thread starter macrumors newbie

cnna

i will try to use the battery more.. how do i calibrate my battery?? with some program? should i take it to get fix or something??

tnks anyways man..

4. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

instructions on how to calibrate your battery can be found directly on the apple website. Just search it and you'll find it. And yes, using your battery more can definitely be beneficial to your battery's health

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

6. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

I checked the thread just to see if you posted it GGJstudios haha

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Just now. LOL. These days, I find the Battery FAQ gets posted by others in lots of threads I don't see. As long as the information gets out there, it doesn't matter who does it! :)