Macbooks before June Event

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Spinnaay, May 14, 2007.

1. Spinnaay macrumors member

Spinnaay

Hi

So i'm looking to buy a macbook or macbook pro soon, very soon. But there is WWDC on the horzion. Although they are going to be looking at OSX lots are they going to be updating any hardware? Is it worth waiting 'just in case'? You know if they pull some crazy touchscreen s**t out of the bag??

Thanks very much

Spinn:apple:

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

If I was you I would be reading Here. Nobody knows what's coming out of WWDC

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Lots of buzz about possible new notebooks coming out tomorrow. No one really knows until it happens.

4. bertpalmer macrumors 6502

I would wait if you can. We don't know whether there will be upgrades/price drops but it would be worth waiting. I think there will, maybe new processors and a slight redesign - but nothing revolutionary.

5. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Nothing will come out before WWDC. Nothing. And maybe even at WWDC, no hardware will be released.

The new Macbooks will have some hardware feature unique to Leopard. And since Leopard is a secret until June (and not available to us until October), they will not spill the beans by releasing a new Macbook until at least June, and maybe even later. Painful I know. But the truth hurts. Reading rumor sites is bad for your psyche- it gives you false hope.

6. winchest macrumors regular

I think you just gotta go for it if you NEED to buy soon. If not, go ahead and wait since there is always a chance for a new release. You just never know!

7. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

hardware features unique to leopard? what are you smoking?

8. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

At this point I would wait until WWDC. Its only 28 days away.

9. Spinnaay thread starter macrumors member

Spinnaay

Touch screen all round!! Dual display on all laptops.