macbooks LCD ain't working (Because of Spilled Juice)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by manteksas, Apr 28, 2010.

1. manteksas macrumors newbie

So my friend spilled juice on the table, macbook (unibody) was there. We immediately pick it up. Macbook was turned at the apple side. Then MB LCD stared to blink and backlight was gone. I can still connect my MB via MiniDisplay port - HDMI and use it as a mac mini or something. It works fine with macbooks keyboard, trackpad.

P.S. webcam obiously isn't working..

I thought, i could try my luck with warranty.
    So apple store took my computer and i'm waiting for an answer.

What should i expect ?

2. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

It won't be good news. They can fix it but it will cost you or your friend.

3. ruku macrumors member

It's a horror story eh! The big question is will your friend step up and pay for his sins.

4. manteksas thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. My friend is willing to pay for a damage. :)

But when i was giving my computer to :apple: warranty, i've said that computer screen just turned black. For unknown reason. :D
    They said that probably we need to change screen. It's OK.

5. pricej636 macrumors 6502

No its not ok. This kinda crap is why its so darn hard to get anything fixed these days under warranty, because for every legitimate warranty issue there are probably two that come in that aren't warranty issues. You are the problem. Be an adult and fess up to the real issue.

6. kryptekz macrumors newbie

Get off your high horse you angel.

I bet you would take the opportunity for that kind of repair if they never mentioned any liquid damage.

7. pricej636 macrumors 6502

Its so hard to believe that someone would be honest? I make a mistake, I own up to it. You guys should try it sometime. In the meantime, you are costing others their legitimate warranty claims with your fraud.

8. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

It's human nature to obscure or inhibit the truth about a claim especially when the monetary value is high. But, don't kid yourself. As soon as they open that MacBook, they will know about the spill. They would be able to recognize the spill even if it was plain water and had long since evaporated.

9. miicah macrumors regular

No, this is the reason insurance costs so much, and it will never change. Why do you think there is a claims process on warranties? To weed out the most obvious fraudsters. Anything that gets past that stage is either lucky or legit.

10. kryptekz macrumors newbie

Exactly if apple failed to first identify, thats solely their fault. What if the OP didn't know that wasn't covered under warranty (hypothetical). If apple fails to identify it overalll, well thats just stupid on their part.