Macbook's screen becomes incredibly dark?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by greene1994, Dec 28, 2010.

1. greene1994 macrumors newbie

Alright, here's the lowdown:

Yesterday, a problem began to occur in which my computer's screen became literally as dark as if you were to turn the brightness setting down to 0, meaning you can still ever so slightly see the screen and the windows open upon it, but it's too ridiculously dark to use (meaning, thankfully, it isn't a hard drive problem; the computer in itself still functions).

This only really happens if the Macbook is closed or if it falls asleep while open due to lack of use. When I try to use it again after opening it or coming back to the computer, it stays in this super dark mode. This happened again today and I couldn't fix it by opening and closing it (which worked yesterday), so I closed it for a good four hours. When I came back, it worked, and I've set my display settings for "don't go to sleep unless inactive for 2 hours."

So, here I am now. Does anybody have any idea what to do? This happens even if the computer is plugged in, which leads me to believe it isn't really a battery problem. I'm aware that many people have had this error, but there appears to be no surefire answer.

Thanks if you can help.

2. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

Go to the Apple store before your warranty is out.

3. ZebOfMac macrumors regular

ZebOfMac

If your under warranty run do not walk to an apple service depot. Show them the problem and you should be getting either a new logic board or a LCD and bezel.

Good Luck