Macbooks speakers vs bluetooth

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rmbpuser, Jun 18, 2014.

1. rmbpuser macrumors 6502

I'm thinking of buying a bluetooth speaker (have my eye on Bose soundlink mini) and am wondering is there a big difference between such a portable speaker and the macbook's (retina 15") built in speakers. I would only buy the portable speaker if there is a considerable difference in the sound quality.

2. Donfor39 macrumors 6502a

Donfor39

Iv'e been using a Bose 'airlink' speaker for a few months now

Music is nothing short of excellent -mcpro/iphone/airplay

also sky hd stn connected via aux l/r cables when I watch a movie or good event

The sound is quality:D

3. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I have a Jawbone Jambox, and whilst the sound quality isn't absolutely earth-shattering, it does a good enough job. It's rugged, small and has good battery life.

The new mini one is apparently quite good, too.

4. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

There are a ton of really good small footprint BT speakers on the market today. Bose mini, JamBox, FoxL, JBL, Monster and Logitech all come to top of mind (Personally, I've had the JamBox, Bose SoundLink and currently have the FoxL and love them all). The smaller ones (the original JamBox, JamBox and Bose mini's and the FoxL for instance) are mostly for on-the-go travel for use in a small hotel room or at home in a bedroom or small room). The Bose SoundLink and the Big JamBox can fill a decent size room for a party and still sound pretty good.
    All in all, there hasn't been a better time to shop for BT speakers.

5. mousespecial14 macrumors newbie