Macbooks that won't start...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Joelburman, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Joelburman macrumors regular

Joelburman

In Sweden right now there are a bunch of older macbooks floating around on the used market that are marked down in price because they won't boot up.

In a lot of the cases I suspect it has to do with faulty harddrives or ram, whats your take on it? If its mainly about damaged ram or HDD's I thought I'd actually pick up a couple of them to repair and re-sell.

Is it worth doing or am I gonna get stuck with unreparable machines?

2. Jkj12 macrumors member

My early 2008 Macbook won't boot as well, but that is the power button that is the problem. Right now I just never turn it off until I find a replacement topcase (or just power button??) for a reasonable price.

That could also be he issue.

3. Joelburman thread starter macrumors regular

Joelburman

The videos I've seen with replacing keybords under the top case seem to be quite high in skill level. Would be interested to hear from you if manage to fix it yourself.

4. gooser macrumors 6502

buy one and try it. if they're really cheap you won't be out much if you fail. and a fine sense of accomplishment if you succeed.

5. Joelburman thread starter macrumors regular

Joelburman

Definitively will do. There is a disabled "17 macbook out right now that I'm gonna try to snatch if the price doesn't skyrocket towards the deadline.