Macbook's touchpad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Eddyish, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Eddyish macrumors member

Am I the only one who hates the macbook's touchpad? I miss the big button on the bottom of the touchpad that was found on the old macbooks.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You probably aren't the only one, but if it bothers you that much you can still find old models available.

3. Sirolway macrumors 6502

Yup - you're the only one. I love the touchpad - all the more when I use a non-Apple one & remember how good Apple hardware is ...

4. satchow macrumors 6502

I absolutely love the touchpad. I've had a few mechanical problems with it, but it's still the best I have ever used. Going to a plastic touchpad on a PC laptop drives me crazy now.

5. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

The reason I use a wireless keyboard & mouse is mostly due to the touchpad, in that I don't like it and my thumbs would occasionally bump it while typing causing a typo or 2.

6. tyrell456 macrumors member

I absolutely love the trackpad, it's one of my favorite hardware features of Apples notebooks. Why do you miss the button? All it did was take up room that could be used to expand the actual size of the trackpad, and it offered absolutely no benefits over the current-gen trackpads where the entire pad is clickable. You can click on the bottom portion where the button used to be, and get the exact same results.

7. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

Your thumb would actually push down on the trackpad while typing?

8. mickpearcey macrumors member

I love its gestures and functionality, the only thing I dislike is how loud the clicks are. =)

9. robopath macrumors regular

For the last 15 years I've kept a travel mouse in my bag, that ended when I got my air. Between the 2 finger touch "right click" and the scrolling, I cannot use a regular trackpad now. Guess that means I like it.

10. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Certainly not -- even if you just look at the odds. I love the trackpad but, like anything else, YMMV.

11. Eddyish thread starter macrumors member

Like dont get me wrong I love the touchpad but I hate the fact that they got rid of the big button. Without it I keep accidentally moving my finger while clicking the bottom portion, then the cursor moves and I accidentally click the wrong thing.

12. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

This happens on my black MB. Sometimes it will highlight everything I just typed and then delete it. I never have that problem on my 2010 MB.

13. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

There will always be a minority who dislike certain changes that Apple makes. While I love the new trackpad, I miss the Apple symbol on the command key, which I bet nobody else notices :( We all have funny little hang-ups :eek:

14. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Have you tried tap-to-click? I honestly find using the physical click extremely awkward. I use tap-to-click 100% of the time and love it.