MacBrick Pro- Just one more reason not to shop at Bestbuy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mikes70mustang, Apr 30, 2009.

1. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

I want to see what the seal looks like - that would basically determine if it was tampered with or not.

2. MrZebra macrumors regular

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

While I do feel bad for the guy, I did laugh before I started feeling sorry for him.

4. natebookpro macrumors 6502a

Goes to show you should always open in the store. I can only imagine trying to explain this one when you return an hour later. I feel bad for the guy.

5. mikes70mustang thread starter macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

i like what the guy said about hurling it through besy buys window haha

6. RKpro macrumors 6502

The only mbp feature its got is unibody construction

7. mikes70mustang thread starter macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

8. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

yea it sucks that the paid $2000 for a brick but it's pretty funny. i used to work at Best Buy and we did a similar thing to regular customer that we knew could take a joke.

9. mikes70mustang thread starter macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Yah, honestly, i used to thing best buy had good customer service. Until i actually decided to use it. They have terrible customer service. Im pretty surprised, im guessing i was thinking about back in the day, maybe it was better back then.

10. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Looks like someone in China is enjoying their free Macbook Pro that they slipped out in their factory.

Also another chinese dude is enjoying his dsi (similar story from walmart recently, again).

11. fireman13 macrumors 6502

i do feel really bad for him and hope he gets this sorted out, but come one you gotta laugh. This is pretty funny. Sucks...... but funny.

12. Apple Corps macrumors 68020

13. Blue Fox macrumors 6502a

Blue Fox

I doubt HIGHLY that this was shipped like this from Apple. It's either a corrupt Best Buy employee who stole it and carefully sealed it back up, or the customer is straight up lying.

But what would make it funnier is if someone drew an Apple logo on the brick with a Sharpie. Then I would be rolling on the floor.

14. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

What... :confused:

15. K3mp macrumors 6502

That would be funny if you where a small local store but a big chain just makes it not funny. Unless you are good friends with the guy that changes everything.

16. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Its an April Fools joke, dont be stupid, im fairly sure customs would have something to say about illegay importing bricks from China without a license on Apples part.

17. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

i will explain and you will see that it was all in good fun

In Boston there is a great bowling ally/bar/pool hall called Kings. my Home Theater Team did all the Audio and Video for them. The owner then came to us to do work in his own house. we were all good friends and he was having a problem with the tv that was given to him. he was always kidding around about how he liked when you went into those furniture stores they had the fake tv's and computers. it was an inside joke between us. so we said that we would come in and take a look at the problem. well he had to be at work so he let our installers in and then went off for the day. we then replaced all of his components with those fake ones that are in the furniture stores and left. now we fully knew that we would be coming in the next day to fix our little prank. his wife was also in on it and said that he would love it. he came home and just died laughing according to his wife. so it was all in good fun. we came in fixed everything up and even gave him an upgrade on his TV for free.

18. RKpro macrumors 6502

LoL, yeah, the thief should be have been more creative. I'd put the Apple sticker on top of the brick, and draw a black sharpie stripe on the back.

19. K3mp macrumors 6502

That is a lot different than putting a brick brick in place of a computer at a large retail store.

20. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

ok geeze sorry. i didnt know you felt so strongly about this. why cant you see the humor in this. it's not like they made him keep it. it sucks, yea but im sure they returned it for an actual computer.