MacCase & Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Ellen, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Ellen macrumors regular

I was wondering if anyone has seen any of these cases in person? I like the look but am interested in knowing how well a Macbook would fit. I just bought a Macbook and would like something that is not oversized but can hold a few supplies like the power cord. I may also get a sleeve, but right now am searching for cases. Thanks!

http://www.mac-case.com/Products/MacCase Classic.html

2. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

I really like the STM Small Alley 13-inch Shoulder Bag because it holds quite a bit of stuff yet remains sleek. Plus it's cheaper. It's also available in green which is the color I have. -GDF

3. Ellen thread starter macrumors regular

How deep is the Small Alley bag? I have read some user reviews suggesting that it is quite a bit deeper than the Macbook so does the laptop move around?

4. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

It fits like a glove if you get the 13" (ie..don't get the 15"). There's little or no movement and if it means anything, I've actually accidently dropped mine while in this case and had no problem whatsoever. I carry mine to and from work every weekday and to Starbucks or a friends on the weekends.

If you're near an Apple Store, take your MacBook in and try it out for size. -GDF

5. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Can you fit the adapter, with the extension and other things in it with the Macbook?

6. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

On a daily basis, I carry the adapter and extension cord, iPod cable and earbuds, and a usb extension cable. Then, on the weekends or at night I pack an additional data card (mines a usb) in a protective case, portable hot spot router with it's charger, and headphones. With the whole lot it looks a little lumpy instead of sleek but it all fits inside. I admit then when I also need my external HD with firewire cable and a mouse and keyboard, I'm out of luck but I'll just grab an additional tote for those.
    I guess the the best part I like about it is when you don't have much to carry like I do back and forth to work, it's a sleek fell fitted comfortable bag that makes portable computing portable.