Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Porkchop Sandwich

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2017
I have been using Mac for several years now, exclusively. Although I have my limitations and although I’d be the first to admit that I don’t squeeze every ounce of capability out of a Mac; I’m not a noobe.

With that said, there is something that appears to be a Maccentric issue that just sticks in my crawl. (and I’m afraid I may get accused of being a Mac noobe..lol)

Why in the hell can I not size my folders within a window (e.g.; documents) to a size that me peepers wants to see and, then return to that folder at a later time w/out having to resize the damn folders to a size me peepers wants to see???? Same goes for the font size for the folders!!! They just “change” at will it seems, and they’re often huge file folders when I re-open the folder!! wth?

Yes, I am aware of the right-click dialogue that allows me to adjust generic folder size, background color, font size et al. Doesn’t seem to make a damn bit of difference and “new folders” don’t default to the, wait for it….default that I set. It really, really plucks on my nerves something terrible.

What gives?? Am I a total noobie???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.