MacCleanse

Discussion in 'macOS' started by JLEW700, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Grimbo macrumors member

Nope but I'm going to use it now, cheers dude.

2. JLEW700 thread starter macrumors 6502

Let me know how it works out for you

3. Tesselator macrumors 601

Tesselator

Well it's on the Apple site. I think that means something. I hope so anyway.

But be careful! Some of the things it does you probably don't want done. Like cookies... Delete those and you will have to reenter all your passwords for every site you're a member of. etc.

Looks safe beyond that tho. <shrug>

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Not necessarily. Look at the bottom of the page:

5. JLEW700 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya, I havnt downloaded it yet, but I would hope it would give you some sort of check boxes so that you could check what you want to be done, and you could leave something like "delete cookies" unchecked. I dont know, I just saw it and was wondering if anybody had used it.

6. JLEW700 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just noticed that its says this in the descriiption "These enhanced features allow you to pick and choose what exactly to remove from the application."

7. Grimbo macrumors member

It seems just the same as CCleaner for Windows computers. :rolleyes:

8. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

9. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

10. Chrycopsycho macrumors member

Sorry Just saw your post
    I've used this for a couple months, love it so far.
    Chris

11. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

I'm used to Windows crap like this that always seems to delete something critical to Windows and actually does more harm than good. :(

12. maccooter macrumors newbie

Maccleanse Reliablity for Permanent deletion of Browsing Histories

I am curious to know if MacCleanse is a long term viable solution to truly deleting browsing histories on machines. I have personally used maccleanse and it keeps my whole operating system running more smoothly, and the only adverse affect is typing in a user name and password to frequently visited sites, such as email. I need to know if MacCleanse is the best solution for dependably erasing browsing histories as I work with a group of people who utilize office machines, some laptops, some desktops, but these will be rotated around to different personnel, and monitoring software will be added to all the machines. I need to dependably wipe all computers of past browsing histories so that no single team member is falsely accused of internet browsing in what I would call poor taste from other members working on their machines. Wiping the hard drives and reformatting them is not an option due to the fast pace of our jobs, so I would like to know if MacCleanse is dependable in this regard, truly wiping out all evidences of past browsing histories, and that these will not be rediscovered when we add monitoring software to this group of machines.

13. merc669 macrumors 6502

merc669

Has Onyx been updated to support Snow Leopard.. All the downloads I have done says its not compatible..

Bill....