Macconection MBP purchasing question (California tax avoider)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by montalbon, Jun 2, 2010.

1. montalbon macrumors newbie

So I'm looking to buy a 15" MBP to replace my old 15" last-model G4. I live in LA, so tax is almost 10% for me.

I could do back to school, and bother with rebates, selling iPods and whatnot, but I feel like it makes much more sense to just purchase from Macconnection (although I think I would like the upgraded high rez screen. But paying $250 for a $90 feature, when you factor tax, isn't worth it for me).

Anyway, are there any downsides to buying from Macconnection? I live like 5 miles from an Apple Store, so repair/warranty work isn't an issue for me, as long as Apple can take care of it. Is there any scenario where buying from Macconnection is going to bite me in the ass?

Thanks!

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

They may not have so good return or replacement policy or customer support as Apple does but you shouldn't bother about that

3. montalbon thread starter macrumors newbie

Are we being facetious? Cuz that's exactly what I'm asking. I'm trying to figure out if there's a reason to no go with MC. I mean, if the thing is broken, I'll probably have to deal with Apple anyway.

I was just seeing if anyone had any experience with scenarios where they had to deal with MC and that went badly.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Seems to be they accept returns but charges restocking fee (just like Apple). If it's defective, their repair or replace it for free though

http://www.macconnection.com/IPA/Content/Support/Returns/PCCMAC/Default.aspx

Shouldn't be any issues. You can always deal with Apple in case of issue instead of MC