Macdrive and exe files

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by bchan009, Aug 19, 2009.

1. bchan009 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone!

I'm running Windows 7 x64 RTM, but I had this problem back when I had Vista too.

Macdrive reads and writes to my Mac partition just fine, but for some reason I can't run .exe files that are stored there. Windows gives me some crap about 'windows cannot access *file path here*'.

Back when I used XP this wasn't a problem, but for some reason Vista and 7 don't want to run .exe's on my mac partition...

For now I've been forced to copy the .exe's from their storage on my Mac drive and paste them to my Windows partition before being able to run them. =/

2. malo09 macrumors newbie

SAME problem here! i've macdrive 8.0.3 installed on win 7!

though for some reasons some .exe files on the Mac Partition CAN be run. I suppose that are those .exe files created within OSX. Files downloaded from the web in Win definately can not be executed.

Help appreciated!

3. Manksgloob macrumors newbie

I contacted Mediafour about this problem.

This was their response:

4. AZBESZT macrumors newbie

Uac

had the same problem, win7 couldn't run some of the .exe files on my mac hdd (others, though, still worked), and had to copy things to ntfs hdd's, but it seems, turning off UAC solved this problem.

5. rotoyouoio macrumors newbie

6. IA64 macrumors 6502

It's not an issue with MacDrive... It's been the case since years.

Neither Paragon nor Macdrive can execute .exe directly.

7. tonyavec macrumors newbie

rotoyouoio, thank you so much for that trick! Works great

8. sammy.d macrumors regular

@rotoyouoio that's fixed it for me! Is anyone able to explain why this works? Just curious... I don't see how accessing the folder through a symlink makes it work.