Macessity Notebook Sleeve?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by smit1274, Jun 11, 2008.

1. smit1274 macrumors newbie

Hey I just recently purchased my Macbook and need a protective sleeve. I'm heading off to college next year and need some extra protection while it is in my backpack...I read a review on Macworld saying this is one of the best ones, but I haven't found many mentions of it on these forums.

Here is the review link

And here is the actual product link

If anyone uses this or knows about it, please let me know what you think! Thanks a lot!

2. tweetledes macrumors newbie

I didn't see the link, but I highly recommend the Incase hardcase cover for your macbook. I got mine right when my macbook arrived and it's been great. The screen opens all the way, no sharp edges like the similar speck case and the texture is really nice, suede-like, it shows smudges, but wipes off easily. I have a black case for my black mb and the apple still glows through.

3. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

I've always been apt to purchase a sleeve that's a "work-in" sleeve like the mentioned InCase or Speck products. For an actualy protective sleeve I, four years ago, purchased my 1st Booq Vyper sleeve for a powerbook G4 12". Since then I've purchased one for my 17" MBP and 13" BlackBook. My brother liked it so much that he bought one for his 15" MBP to start college with. The vyper has made it through 4 years of college for my wife and I and is still kickin, perfectly protecting the PB and MB. I would definitely recommend this product. Great company with a great product

4. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

and if you think the above one is too thick or something, go for the incase sleeve with the fur in it that apple sells directly. I bought i think one of the newer ones cuz now it has like this white extra fur padding in it when the older ones didnt. Deff. look into those cuz they work great for me. I take my macbook everywhere, and no cracks what so ever.

5. smit1274 thread starter macrumors newbie

hey thanks a lot...sorry about the missing links, it was late last night when i posted haha

anyways, i think i'll go with the incase sleeve with the fur, because i dont think i wanna go with the hard case but incase i keep hearing is really good

thanks for your input!

6. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

yeah its a great case. And because the macbook fits so perfectly in it...no room for movement of any sort.