Macfusion on Lion

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by armstrob, Jul 21, 2011.

1. armstrob macrumors newbie

Hey all, this is my first post. I can't seem to figure this issue out so I thought i'd try my luck here.

I upgraded to Lion the day it came out. On Snow Leopard I used Macfusion to mount ssh connections. It worked great, loved it. Now that I upgraded to Lion, it will not connect to any of the servers. I get the following error:

Could not mount filesystem: Mount process has terminated unexpectedly.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Or have you encountered the same thing?

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

Go to the MacFusion website and see if they have an update available for Lion.

3. armstrob thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya, I made sure I was using the most recent version.

4. DualShock macrumors 6502

If you're talking about MacFUSE, it's because the official version out there doesn't have proper Lion (specifically, 64 bit) support.

The folks at Tuxera, developers of NTFS-3g which uses MacFUSE, have a test version that is supposed to work with Lion. Check my post in this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1190227

However, use with caution. I haven't tried it myself, and most likely they have only tested it with NTFS-3g for now.

5. armstrob thread starter macrumors newbie

DualShock, thank you very much! I was referring to the application called Macfusion, which requires MacFuse. I installed the 64-bit version that was linked. Works great now.

Thanks again! :)

6. shankarv macrumors newbie

7. jfvaren, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012

jfvaren macrumors newbie

8. jwadev macrumors newbie

I'm new

I'm a bit new to my iMax. I've always used my linux box for development work, but after getting my wife a macbook pro, decide, I wouldn't mind using a mac for development, plus the 27 screen is amazing.

So on my Ubuntu machine, its pretty easy to mount file system for remote linux servers (typically centOs). I've read about macFuse, but it appears to have been dropped and maybe not fully support with Lion. Anyways I was wondering if you all wouldn't mind listing the steps I need to go through to be able to mount remote file systems on my new iMac.

Thanks in advance

Jason