Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
You use two ten sided dice. One is for the tens the other for the units.
Minor problems with that solution in real life:
  • You have to have dice with faces labeled 0 to 9 instead of 1 to 10.
  • You'll have to ignore leading zeroes, e.g., count 07 as 7.
  • You'll sometimes get 00.
  • You'll never get 100 (but you can treat 00 as 100).
  • You'll have to throw them separately since after a toss of two at once you don't know which die is the hundreds and which is the units. Or you can have dice of different colors.
None of these are showstoppers, but it's less convenient.

But with software you can solve all of these problems since the total can be shown properly at the bottom of the screen! :)

LordEntropy

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
Minor problems with that solution in real life:
  • You have to have dice with faces labeled 0 to 9 instead of 1 to 10.
  • You'll have to ignore leading zeroes, e.g., count 07 as 7.
  • You'll sometimes get 00.
  • You'll never get 100 (but you can treat 00 as 100).
  • You'll have to throw them separately since after a toss of two at once you don't know which die is the hundreds and which is the units. Or you can have dice of different colors.
None of these are showstoppers, but it's less convenient.

But with software you can solve all of these problems since the total can be shown properly at the bottom of the screen! :)

Apologies, because I have been playing Pen & Paper RPGS for so long I assumed people would know what I meant.

Standard D10 are numbered 0-9 ( I say standard because if I say ALL, someone will come along and correct me :) )

Ignoring the leading zeroes is normal.

00 is 100 in most RPGs.

Normally you roll dice of 2 different colours and nominate which represents the 10s but as you say the total can be displayed anyway.

Hope that clarified things?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.