MacHeist bundle ?'s

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by edcoche, Jan 17, 2008.

1. edcoche macrumors regular

edcoche

This seems like a great deal. What I am wondering is for those of you who use the programs packaged with this offer, or are familiar with these apps, are these programs useful for the average everyday mac user? I mainly use my mac for keeping digital camera pictures/videos on it, music, dvd's, internet (primarily), NeoOffice, etc. In other words, my Mac isn't used to earn an income. I don't do any heavy duty photo editing, and I actually don't even own an "after market" image editing program. Which of these apps are really useful and why? Are any of them not worth owning? As I look at the programs on the macheist website it seems to me that I'd only really have a use for pixelmator (how is it BTW? Any worthy filters come with it?), TaskPaper (which is a beefed up "Stickies" IMO) and maybe AppZapper. I am considering buying it though. It's for a good cause but still, I want to make the purchase only if the programs are worth owning for my primary uses on the Mac. Back when I was a winblows user I used Paint Shop Pro a lot and Photoshop too, I was quite talented with them and enjoyed them when I wanted to do some clever/funny/artistic image editing.

Anyways, please advice Mac gurus. Any advice/insight will be greatly appreciated. :cool:

2. edcoche thread starter macrumors regular

edcoche

Oops! I posted this in the wrong section. Anybody want to help me get this thread deleted? I'll repost it in the Mac Applications section. Sorry!!