MacHeist - Wingnuts and Tiki Golf download problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BitterB, Jan 22, 2008.

1. BitterB macrumors member

OK, I just sprung for the MacHeist bundle. Everything seems to download just fine, except no luck with Wingnuts or Tiki Golf. I could use some help from someone who's had success....

Tiki's download link (ftp://download4.freeverse.com/Mac/TikiMagicMinigolf/TikiMagicMiniGolf.dmg) results in a Safari "could not load any data from this location" web error. Maybe the site is too busy or crashed as a result??

WingNuts 2 download link (http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3980982) takes you to some sketchy looking site with singles ads on the side. Clicking on the "download this torrent" link does nothing for me.

Where do I go from here?? Part of the reason I did this MacHeist thing for the first time is to get these games. Got a solution for me??

Thanks a mil.......

2. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Ok, the second one takes you to the Pirate Bay, which is a torrent site, if you've not used torrents before it'll mean nothing to you.

The first one, seems as if their server is down, I'm sure it'll be fixed soon enough, so I'd try again later (Most likely due to the volume of downloads)

Looking at the description of the torrent on The Pirate Bay (For Wingnuts), thats the propper download, so you'll need to download and install Transmission. Download the torrent file from The Pirate Bay, and drag it into Transmission. This will download Wingnuts to your computer.

3. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

4. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

5. Sbrocket macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

You need to be careful when finding mirrors for the Freeverse games. They appear to be copies specific to the MacHeist bundle so that they'll allow registration using the code you get in your bundle receipt. Try to find mirrors on the MacHeist forums rather than going somewhere like MacUpdate.

6. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

I wasn't able to get through on the browser but I was successful at using ftp from the terminal.

If you have forklift or another FTP program, that might be a better way to go.

In terminal, type

ftp anonymous@download4.freeverse.com
    <enter you email address when it asks you for a password>mickeyMouse@apple.com
    cd /Mac/TikiMagicMinigolf
    get TikiMagicMiniGolf.dmg

you can also change directories and find the the other game as well.

cd ..
    ls

7. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

That took me a while to get going as well. If you don't want to install yet another program to download the torrent, you can download it directly from their website. Act as if you are buying it and go through the links. Then you'll get a chance to enter your discount code. Afterwards the website will display a long text, around the middle of which has an address for a website where you can download wingnuts.

8. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

I just downloaded both the golf game and the WingNuts game directly from the Freeverse site without problems. As theBB said, if you read the instructions under the Wingnuts download, for example:

Go to their site, go through the motions as if you're buying the software (fill out a billing address and all that) and then on the last page you'll be able to enter the promo code that MacHeist gave you. It will then show you a page and send you an email with a proper download link. It's a little funky that they couldn't just make it more direct, but if you follow the instructions it works fine and you don't have to use the torrent.

Both files downloaded quite quickly for me, so their servers appear to be OK now.

9. BitterB thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I'll try it

Thanks for all the input. When I get home tonight I'll try these downloads.

I started trying it through freeverse site as if I was buying it, but abandoned it when prompted for credit card info. Guess I need to see it through to the end and hope I don't get charged after putting in my MacHeist discount code.

I'll get back to this forum if I have any further questions. Thanks for the help.

10. BitterB thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I'll try it

Thanks for all the input. When I get home tonight I'll try these downloads.

I started trying it through freeverse site as if I was buying it, but abandoned it when prompted for credit card info. Guess I need to see it through to the end and hope I don't get charged after putting in my MacHeist discount code.

I'll get back to this forum if I have any further questions. Thanks for the help.

11. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

You don't have to enter any credit card info whatsoever. Just a billing address. If it does prompt you for a credit card then you missed the spot where you enter the promo code.

12. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

Don't forget to hit the "update" button after entering the code, so it shows zero balance before continuing on to the next page.