Machine won't go to sleep or turn off

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by perrohunter, Apr 27, 2011.

1. perrohunter macrumors newbie

perrohunter

Hey there,

I have sort of a problem with my Macbook Pro 5,1, recently I bought an SSD and while installing it I think I hold my machine too tight in one hand while accidentally pressing the area where the airport card was located, now the machine won't detect the Airport, I already tryed reinstalling the OS and nothing works, I'm thinking the Airport card is death, that's not a big deal as I can use a external USB adaptar and that's that, my problem is the following:

My machine won't turn off or go to sleep if I do so from software, so If I close my lid it won't go to sleep, the fans would keep running and if I shut down the machine it would turn off and as soon as it's off turn on again.

I'm thinking it has to do something with the machine trying to locate the airport card, I'm not sure, My theory is that by disabling the Airport from the OS I might get to fix the problem but I can't locate the AppleAirport.kext that everyone mentions online it's no in the extensions folder

Does anyone have an idea on how can I make my machine go to sleep again or at least turn off with out having to press power for 8 seconds ?

thanks in advance

2. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

I'd take it to Apple if you can. You may have damaged the logic board while installing the SSD.

3. perrohunter thread starter macrumors newbie

perrohunter

I would but as a matter of fact we have no Apple Stores here in my country :/