Machookup: AirPods stock alerts

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by machookup, Dec 27, 2016.

1. machookup macrumors member

machookup

I created a simple service for myself to check apple.com for AirPods store pickup availability. Figured it'd be useful for the Macrumors crowd as well. Here you go: https://www.machookup.com. Hope it helps!

2. pefarag macrumors newbie

thank you so much, this is really cool of you to make and put out there! Would you happen to be able to share what email address the message will be coming from so I can add it to my VIP list and get instant alerts (and also make sure it doesn't go to junk by accident) Thank you again for all of your time and for releasing this!

3. machookup thread starter macrumors member

machookup

4. jhearty99 macrumors 6502

jhearty99

This is awesome! What range from the zip code i provide will I receive alerts for?

5. machookup thread starter macrumors member

machookup

It'll check all the stores you see when you search for a zip code for pickup on apple.com, since it uses the same API.

6. jhearty99 macrumors 6502

jhearty99

This worked perfectly. I subscribed using my cell provider email like you said. Got a text alert when they came in stock and ordered for in store pickup. Thank you!!

7. machookup thread starter macrumors member

machookup

That's great to hear! I'm pretty happy with my pair. Hope you like them too.

8. rossihvac macrumors regular

rossihvac

I can't believe how well this worked. Signed up last night and snagged a pair this afternoon. If your looking to get a set, this is the way to go. Thanks for setting this up for everyone!

9. MikeKlump macrumors member

MikeKlump

Just signed up thanks so much! Have a pair pre-ordered but hoping to pick them up sooner.

10. machookup thread starter macrumors member

machookup

Happy to see it's useful to more folks. I just added support for Canada and UK too.

11. MR-LIZARD macrumors member

Thank you. UK here so I've just subscribed.

12. machookup thread starter macrumors member

machookup

13. Mjmar macrumors 65816

Thanks for this tool! Hoping to snag a pair soon.

14. eroslws macrumors 6502

Thank you so much, just scored one for my girlfriend! You should set up a beer/coffee donation link. ;)

15. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

16. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

Thank you so much for making this! I've been checking the stock at the Reno store for days and have never caught it at the right time. Hopefully this will do the trick :)

17. machookup thread starter macrumors member

machookup

Thanks! not looking to make any money off of this -- it's just a fun project. If you do want to help perhaps you could email tips@macrumors.com and ask them to post about it!

18. ChinaRye macrumors 6502

ChinaRye

Thanks for this! I signed up yesterday and just got an alert that they are available at the Georgetown Apple Store (which is always out of stock), and just placed an order for pick-up. Thanks again!

19. porkrind macrumors member

porkrind

Good lord! This worked for me within 45 minutes of signing up. Thanks!

20. Mjmar macrumors 65816

21. dmontopoli macrumors newbie

I signed up yesterday and I just got an alert. I went online and purchased the airpods and will be picking them up later today. Your system worked flawlessly. Thank you!

22. machookup thread starter macrumors member

machookup

That's great to hear. From what I can tell a ton of stores showed stock around 1PM PT but it all disappeared in less than 5 minutes.

23. ant69 macrumors regular

ant69

i noticed that too, i got an alert from my local store in Century City California, though they didnt show as availible to order online for pickup - but my office is pretty close so i briskly walked down - got there 6 minutes later, all gone. no more than 10 minutes from receiving the email alert to being in the store!!! this things do sell like hot cakes!!!

Ant

24. brianhenny macrumors newbie

Thanks!!

Signed up an hour ago and just purchased a pair. Wasn't interested in these but now I'm so excited to get them!

Thanks again!