Macin' It in your Car!

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by DJAznSensation, Jul 15, 2008.

1. DJAznSensation macrumors member

DJAznSensation

I want to see if anyone has put any mac devices in their cars... iPod, Mac Mini to a screen, MacBook Pro on a laptop stand etc.

I've always dreamed of getting a Mac Mini and somehow hooking it up to a screen so I can have both music and movies at my fingertips

But anyways, please post some pics and a short list of the equipment you guys are using to Mac it in your automobile!

:apple: DJ Asian Sensation

2. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

I don't have anything Mac-related in my car (since I don't have a car), but I, too, dream of putting a Mac Mini in one.

3. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

I have an iPod integration kit in my car. But thats about it.

4. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Me too. It fried my first iPhone, which was fun.

5. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Count me in with this camp, too. I have one of the Alpine decks. While the interface is not as great as the iPod's (I bought one of the lower end models), it is still awesome enough that I know I'll be doing it in every car I get from now on.

6. DarrenG macrumors regular

I installed one of these (an Alpine iDA-X100) a few weeks back and it's superb. I was confused about what additional lead I needed so ordered the optional one as well. Turns out I don't need this for my iPod Video which works fine (album graphics'n'all) with the supplied lead but it does allow me to keep my iPhone charged as well and switch between my iPod Video and iPhone whenever I wish.

[​IMG]

The iPod connectivity is superb.

7. DarrenG macrumors regular

8. jlanuez macrumors 6502

Land Rover

(dupe)

9. jlanuez macrumors 6502

Land Rover

We have a Land Rover and I'm researching the same type of thing you are and came across this...
    http://homepage.mac.com/dmonckton/LandRoverMacMini/PhotoAlbum12.html

We also had a Toyota PRIUS and there are a ton of MACs people have put in them. Just Google MacMini Prius to get some ideas.

http://www.kusnetz.net/prius/

10. eyemacg5 macrumors 6502

eyemacg5

When I go on tour with my friends band as there sound guy my mbp sits on the dash of the Mercedes Sprinter and goes through AUX input to the stereo for music.