Macintosh Hard drive not appearing in Windows 7 Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by DistantOrigin, Jan 19, 2015.

1. DistantOrigin macrumors newbie

Hi,

So I decided to bootcamp my MBA today. Everything worked except for the following. I cannot read the Macintosh partition (Yosemite) from Windows. From what I understand, I should be able to do this.
    I have went into disk management on the Windows side and see the Mac partition, but all options are grayed out when I right click it. In an effort to see if the HFS driver installed properly, I went to my bootcamp installer drive, clicked "setup.exe" to start the Bootcamp driver installation, and I receive an error saying that the bootcamp installation couldn't start.

I have installed the drivers before, so I suspect something is conflicting with the existing ones. I wasn't able to see the OS X partition from the get go, though.

Is there a way that I can fix it so my HFS drive shows up?

Thanks.

2. DistantOrigin thread starter macrumors newbie

Found a solution:

With a clean install of Yosemite, it uses Core Storage, which is not compatible with Windows because of encryption. (Or windows lacks the Bootcamp drivers to deal with such a thing.) Either way....
    Doing a diskutil CS convert <UID> fixed this after turning off file vault.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Did you try just turning off filevault first? My Macintosh HD is not visible because of FV. It was there, prior to enabling FV, and once I turned it on, boom it disappeared