Macintosh HD write access via Windows 7 in Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jackOH, Aug 2, 2010.

1. jackOH macrumors newbie

Is it possible to have write access to my Macintosh HD while being booted in Windows 7 via BootCamp?

I can explore my Macintosh HD while in Windows and copy files from it to my Windows drive, but when I try to drag files back over to my Macintosh HD it won't let me due to permissions errors.

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

Windows can't natively write to the HFS+ (the file system used by Mac). THere are programs out there that will give windows that capability. I believe one is Called MacDrive, and it should allow you to mount and write to your Mac HDD.

Best of luck,

3. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

At home on my Windows 7 partition I use MacDrive. Sure it is shareware but at the time it was the only Windows 7 program available. However it is still running very well.

4. MJCreech macrumors newbie

Sorry to reopen this thread...but it is relevant to what I need. How could I copy information from the MAC HD to the windows section. It appears the MAC HD has crashed and I cannot access my files. I don't know how only one partition can crash and the other one be perfectly functional.

5. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I'm guessing that MacDrive (or similar software) would let you access that partition.

Not certain about that, depends on how messed up the partition is.

6. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

Are you looking for paragon software? They have some commercial software as well as ( I think ) some free stuff that might help here.

7. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

If you are talking about a hard drive failure or damaged partitions. You want Nucleus Kernel Mac. I've also done a fair number of data recoveries. Nucleus Kernel is by far the most robust and thorough data recovery program line out there. All their products run in Windows and I have recovered HFS+, NTFS, FAT32, ReiserFS and JFS partitions.

Far better than the Data Rescue and Disk Warrior products. As they require a recognizable Mac partition. While Nucleus Kernel will scan an entire drive regardless of the partition state. In case of an accidental repartition or if the partition table was corrupted.