Price Advice Macintosh llvx value

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by PolarIce, Oct 17, 2011.

1. PolarIce, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2011

PolarIce macrumors newbie

So the sad time has come, that we are moving into a new house, and have come accross an old Mac, that we have had for some time. It breaks my heart to even look into selling it-and haven't decided if I want to even part with it.

My question is to you, does anyone have an idea of what a computer like this would be worth? I'm not sure if it still turns on at this point. It probably does, but would have to check.

Any input?

2. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

My guess is that you'd have to pay someone to take it. Sorry, it was never one of Apple's better models and to anyone other than a collector it's so obsolete that no one would want it.

3. RichardBeer macrumors regular

RichardBeer

It would all very much depend upon the type of Macintosh that you have. There is a collectors market for good conditioning and fully functioning macs, especially ones from the 80s I would think. I know that enthusiasts particularly like to get a hold of PowerPC macs, particularly when there's software which no longer runs on Intel macs and they don't wish to use Rosetta.

There's no harm in having a go at selling it.

4. MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

I've always maintained that it's those models that people don't care about that may one day be a sought after commodity.

That said, I agree these are only a collector's item.

I quite like the IIvx and the IIvi, the last of the desktop all metal case form factor (also used for the Quadra/Centris 650 and PowerPC 7100/XX).

However, this might shed some light on your plight:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160627986383

Sold for US$41 :(

5. QuickDraw macrumors regular

FWIW, I had a IIvx in the mid 90 and still regret I sold it when I moved in 2000.

Having said that, I don't think it was one of the "cooler" Macs in that time period.