Macintosh performa 630cd not turning on

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Jordan246, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Jordan246 macrumors regular

Jordan246

Guys I have a question for you I have a macintosh performa 630cd that won't turn on I've tried unplugging the clock battery and tried running it with no ram but with no success. Can anyone help me here I would really appreciate it. Please write back. Thanks

2. RhianB macrumors 6502

RhianB

3. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

I hope I'm not asking the obvious...so please forgive me if I am.

If you are trying to use the power button on the back, have you tried using the one on the keyboard?

Alternatively, if you are using the button on the keyboard, have you tried either a different keyboard or the button on the back? If you're using a KB with a removable cord, are you sure the cord is fully plugged in and good(a readily available S-Video cable will work perfectly).

Either of these can be a point of failure, although a bad button on the computer is more common(admittedly not as common on this series).

Aside from that, the only cause of a completely dead computer I can think of is a power supply.

4. AmazingHenry macrumors 65816

AmazingHenry

Yet another suggestion. I don't know if this Mac has it, but if there's a button to turn it on that is located on the logic board or somewhere else inside the computer I think it's worth a try if nothing else works. But try other suggestions first, please.

5. RhianB macrumors 6502

RhianB

6. AmazingHenry macrumors 65816

AmazingHenry

Also, try a PMU reset. Just an idea, I don't know if it'll help or not.