Macintosh Plus gaming gallery

blakespot

Administrator
Original poster
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
Fired up my Mac Plus again recently and started fiddling w/ some games. Grabbed the camera and took some "screenshots" - 40 or so. Have a look.

Interesting to note that the Mac's high res (512x342 on a 9" screen is pretty dense) mono screen forced pixel artistry that looks most unique.

Some of these games look stunning.

http://www.bytecellar.com/archives/000112.php

Have a look in the link above. I hope this brings back some memories for some folks.

blakespot

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Very cool; definitely brought back memories for me. I recently fired up my Mac SE and played Shufflepuck Cafe. I loved that game.

-kritter-

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2007
Idaho
o god, this totally motivated me to start looking for a keyboard and mouse again for my macintosh plus... way cool!!!

djbrickhouse

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2007
I loved those games!

oids (colour on the LC II)
crystal quest (also on the LCII)
shufflepuck cafe - played that on my brothers plus.

thanks!

Spock

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
I remember my favorite game for my Macintosh Plus was a Breakout clone called Brickles, I loved that game. That game is really what made me start getting into collecting Classic Macintosh.

Duflul

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2007
Shufflepuck was awsome! Now I have to go find my dad's old powerbook 100 and hope it still works.

macsimus prime

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2007
Canuck
reminiscing...F16 on a Mac Plus

Thanks for the memories...my fave was an F16 simulator I ran off a floppy bootdisk. Things smoothed out when I got the 20MB hard drive that sat under the Plus...lemme see, that was about 1988 I think.
Like my old Six Million Dollar Man lunchbox and Ken Dryden and Guy Lafleur hockey cards, I wish I had it back.