Macintosh Portable, great find!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sprtnbsblplya, Mar 2, 2008.

?

Keep it or sell it?

Poll closed Jun 10, 2008.
  1. Yes, sell it! Make that money!

17 vote(s)
    58.6%
  2. No! Keep it! Its a collectable!

12 vote(s)
    41.4%
  1. sprtnbsblplya macrumors regular

So I came across this Mac Portable, and have decided that I would like to try and sell it, and when I checked going prices on eBay I was shocked, and decided I definitely want to sell it.
    What do you guys think I should ask for this old beast? And are there any collectors here who would be interested?

It is the non-backlit model, with a few upgrades. It has the expansion RAM card, modem and 40MB hard drive. This sucker is in perfect condition, case is excellent, no scratches or chips in plastic, nada. It worked on last boot years ago, and I ordered a Powerbook 100 adapter to ensure it still boots well, should be here Wednesday. Not pictured is the case (in perfect condition as well), the battery (obviously needs the cells replaced), and the original power adapter.

But I am trying to decide if I want to sell it, as I have been googling it all day, and from those sites and the eBay prices it seems as if I have come across something somewhat rare and collectible. So if you came across this, would you keep it or sell it? I'm undecided :(

2. Pivzavod macrumors member

Wow that looks so pretty :) How much do you want for it?

3. sprtnbsblplya thread starter macrumors regular

4. mbrydone macrumors regular

idk seems pretty awesome but if its going to just collect dust...then sell it!