Macintosh Se30 Wont Boot

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by rtw1981, Jul 3, 2013.

1. rtw1981 macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I'm new here so be nice :)

I just saved a macintosh se30 from being recycled and was keen to get it going (was the first mac I ever used and the first computers we used at school, bit nostalgic).

It turns on, loads a few icons down the bottom, the mouse pointer appears and can be moved and clicked, but an error comes up

sorry, a system error occurred.
    "Finder"
    unimplemented trap

Any pointers as to what this might be? I had a feeling it may be HDD? but I really have no idea, did some searching for the last hour and didn't turn much up, hoping someone may be able to shed some light if they have had a similar experience.

Thanks
    Russ

2. Ozfer macrumors newbie

I would suggest just reinstalling mac os onto it. It doesn't sound like it is a hard drive problem just a operating system problem. If you don't have it you can get the disk img files for free from apple then put them on 1.4 floppies and reinstall it. If you are unable to boot anything you install or not able to install then it may be a hard drive issue and you can either just always boot from a floppy, find another 50 pin scsi hard drive, or boot from an external iomega zip drive with the right software.

http://download.info.apple.com/Appl...North_American/Macintosh/System/Older_System/

3. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

Have you tried to boot it with the extensions off? Hold down the Shift key after you hit the Power Switch. Maybe you have an extensions conflict.

Good luck!

4. DZ/015 macrumors 6502a

DZ/015