MacJournal Syncing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Achiever, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Achiever macrumors 6502

Achiever

I use MacJournal for a variety of reasons but need to use it on multiple machines. For a number of years, it all synced beautifully through .Mac and MobileMe. Mariner Software says it will implement iCloud syncing, but has given no dates. This is one of the biggest reason I haven't yet updated to iCloud, Lion or even MJ v. 6.

On their website, their knowledgeable forums suggests that the journals could be synced with Dropbox, but "it is not supported." This puts me in quite a conundrum: upgrade to v. 6 at the discounted path and sync with Dropbox (thus eliminating my staying on Lion and MobileMe) or wait for iCloud support to (hopefully) come and be forced to buy the app at full price on the MAS, since Apple hasn't changed its policy yet about allowing access to iCloud syncing for apps not purchased in the MAS.

My question to those reading this is: do you use something other than MobileMe (and I am particularly interested in Dropbox) to sync your MacJournal files across several machines and if so, have you had success or issues? This is curiously not addressed in Mariner forums. Thanks in advance.

2. Achiever thread starter macrumors 6502

Achiever

3. listenthentalk macrumors newbie

Running our of time ...

Are there any solutions for synching MacJournal other than MobileMe.

TickTock, TickTock, ...

:confused: