Mack screen flashes black for half a second

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macness, Feb 24, 2012.

1. macness macrumors 6502a

macness

Just bought my macbook pro in November. Every little while it seems to flicker(flashes black) for like half a second. At first i thought i was tripping out, but then i caught it in the act.lol. Anyone know whats going on?

2. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

It is possible that your graphics card failed. Go to an apple store and tell them. Had a similar problem and they replaced my macs logic board.

3. macness thread starter macrumors 6502a

macness

thnx. it's weird cuz i only use it for web surfing and emails.

4. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

It does not matter what you use it for if the GPU had a manufacturing defect.

5. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Just out of curiosity, why did you choose a MBP, instead of an MBA for the way you use it? Seems like a 13" MBA would be ideal.

6. that1guyy macrumors 6502

Because the word "pro" makes people believe they're something special.

Oh and that flickering happens on my HP desktop too. I considered getting it checked out, but laziness got the better of me.

7. macness thread starter macrumors 6502a

macness

true, but i wanted it more for desktop use. I do travel with it about twice a week and i need to be able to bring it around my house with me, but i wasn't sure as to what i would need it for in the months to come. Also, i had a $200 discount so i thought i might as well get something a little more powerful. ( why? Does it not have more processing power? would u have not done the same if you were me?) Truthfully looking back , i would of preferred the mobility of the air

----------

its also my only computer, and i wanted it to be future proof

8. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

If you do expect to have more demanding needs, there's still a lot of room to grow with the MBA. The MBP's major advantage going forward is the fact it's designed to be easily upgradeable. Ram & Hard Drive / SSD being the two user serviceable items.

Having both, I've been pleasantly surprised at just how powerful the MBA is. While not enough to do my engineering & scientific work, I have my fully maxed out MBP for that.