Mackbook (Black) Battery Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by scarygood48, May 1, 2008.

1. scarygood48 macrumors newbie

Hi, I am having a problem with my black macbooks battery. It seems that when the battery gets below 20% or so and I shut down the computer and I do not plug in the power adapter, the next time I try to start it up it will be dead even if it had about and hour of battery life left when it was shut down. I have to plug in the adapter in order to turn it back on. This doesn't seem to happen when the battery is charged above 50% before shut down. I don't know why but the battery is losing power even when it is shut down.

2. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

How old is the battery? How many powercycles does it have? What is the remaining capacity of the battery?

3. macdot macrumors 6502

Might want to check out Coconut Battery--I've never used it, but quite a few people do for battery checking... stuff.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Depending on how old your BlackBook is, they've had a recall out for MB batteries for some time. Try to stop-by the nearest Apple Store and get an exchange for a new battery. Coconut Battery is a free download, so google it and you can really get the low-down on your battery problem. :eek: