mackbook to Samsung LCD

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by da88da, Sep 18, 2009.

1. da88da macrumors newbie

Just wondering if anyone has seen this issue before. I have a Samsung LCD, model LNT4681-f (purchased fall 2008) and I hooked it up to a 13" macbook pro (purchased mid 2009) using the apple DVI adapter and a DVI-HDMI cable. When I first turned it on, the desktop screen picture on the computer showed up on the TV but then nothing else, no icons or cursor. As an experiment i tried changing the desktop screen picture but for some reason the original picture is stuck on the TV and nothing else is coming up, tried powering everything down (TV & computer) but still stuck with the original picture. Anybody with any thoughts on how to get it working properly where I can get the TV to display the real time computer screen properly?

thanks
    Dave

2. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

It sounds like you might be in expansion mode instead of mirror mode. Try opening up the "Displays" system preference, click on the "Arrangement" tab and click "Mirror Displays" and see if that changes anything.

3. 7even macrumors 6502a

Did you try dragging a window off the side of your main screen? When you hook up an external screen, it usually comes up empty other than the background. You have to place something on the screen to see anything new. Additionally, the two screens have independent wallpapers, and you *should* be able to see a separate display properties window on the second monitor (the TV). Finally, maybe the DVI->HDMI conversion doesn't work as you'd expect... Try something like http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10428&cs_id=1042802&p_id=5311&seq=1&format=2 maybe?