Mackbook won't start after trackpad and keyboard failure

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ivnbrv, Feb 2, 2011.

1. ivnbrv macrumors newbie

Hi there... well my problem is this...

Today i woke up and start my 13 inch white macbook (MB061LL) and notice that the trackpad and keyboard didn't respond at all, it boot as usual but i couldn't use the pointer or the keyboard so i connected a usb mouse and shut down the computer... (i should have choose restart but instead i choose shutdown my bad) so when i tried to power up the computer nothing absolutely nothing happened... i dont know whut to do i dont know if is an upper case problem a logic board problem dunno i hope you guys can help me out on this im feeling very unlucky..

Thnk you!

Sorry for my english too :p

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

Well, you won't know for certain whether it's an issue with the top case or the logic board until you try a new top case. It's more likely to be the top case than the logic board, but that's not definitive.

3. jll62 macrumors regular

Apple recently fixed my late 2009 13-inch MacBook (13-inch, late 2009) due to a similar issue. The repair notes came back indicating that the keyboard assembly was replaced. Prior to that service, my battery would charge, but I nothing I did would make the computer start up. All input was dead. Perhaps a similar issue is affecting your system?