Mackbook won't start after trackpad and keyboard failure

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ivnbrv, Feb 2, 2011.

1. ivnbrv macrumors newbie

Feb 2, 2011
    Hi there... well my problem is this...

Today i woke up and start my 13 inch white macbook (MB061LL) and notice that the trackpad and keyboard didn't respond at all, it boot as usual but i couldn't use the pointer or the keyboard so i connected a usb mouse and shut down the computer... (i should have choose restart but instead i choose shutdown my bad) so when i tried to power up the computer nothing absolutely nothing happened... i dont know whut to do i dont know if is an upper case problem a logic board problem dunno i hope you guys can help me out on this im feeling very unlucky..

Thnk you!

Sorry for my english too :p
  2. Detrius macrumors 68000

Sep 10, 2008
    Asheville, NC
    Well, you won't know for certain whether it's an issue with the top case or the logic board until you try a new top case. It's more likely to be the top case than the logic board, but that's not definitive.
  3. jll62 macrumors regular

Sep 2, 2009
    Minneapolis, MN
    Apple recently fixed my late 2009 13-inch MacBook (13-inch, late 2009) due to a similar issue. The repair notes came back indicating that the keyboard assembly was replaced. Prior to that service, my battery would charge, but I nothing I did would make the computer start up. All input was dead. Perhaps a similar issue is affecting your system?