mackeeper in console messages 4001 times

Discussion in 'iMac' started by hwally, Jan 15, 2012.

1. hwally macrumors newbie

In my console messages I have 4001 messages in one day. They start out com.zeobit.mackeeper.helper...I made the mistake of downloading Mackeeper a while back and thought I'd uninstalled it. I'm new to Mac and don't understand what all this is about. I'd appreciate any help. Is this a virus? How do I get rid of it? I could download the console messages if you'd like. I just need a little help on how. Thanks for your patience.

2. simsaladimbamba

Maybe uninstall it properly:
    Uninstalling Applications in Mac OS X

which also includes:

And it is not a virus:
    There are currently no viruses for Mac OS X in public circulation, only a handful of trojans and other malware, which have to be installed manually via entering the administrator password.
    The only anti-virus you need to protect your Mac is education and common sense.
    Also know, that the term "virus" is often used to refer to other kinds of malware, but there are differences, which you can find out by reading the following:

Mac Virus/Malware Info by GGJstudios

To learn more about Mac OS X:

3. hwally thread starter macrumors newbie

problem solved

Thank you for the expert, precise advice. It got the job done and gave me some good reading material.

4. Puckle00 macrumors newbie

Same problem here!

Hi,

I have the same thing in my console, over 4000 messages such (just today) as:

5/16/12 5:03:08 PM com.apple.launchd[83] (com.zeobit.MacKeeper.Helper[529]) Exited with exit code: 1
    5/16/12 5:03:08 PM com.apple.launchd[83] (com.zeobit.MacKeeper.Helper) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds
    5/16/12 5:03:18 PM com.apple.launchd[83] (com.zeobit.MacKeeper.Helper[530]) posix_spawn("/Applications/MacKeeper.app/Contents/Resources/Helper.app/Contents/MacOS/Helper", ...): No such file or directory
    5/16/12 5:03:18 PM com.apple.launchd[83] (com.zeobit.MacKeeper.Helper[530]) Exited with exit code: 1

I deleted this app a while ago, and I already checked as you suggested in your guide to removing apps, I can find nothing anywhere in my finder relating to the app, I've tried with several keywords...and the activity monitor showed no activity related to it either. Where is it?? Should I be concerned about this?
    Thanks for any help!
    -M

5. simsaladimbamba

Did you search for SYSTEM FILES (INCLUDED) as suggested by the guide I linked (or visually presented in the video linked last in my signature)? Did you use "zeobit" and "mackeeper" as search items?

To find system files via Finder, that can't be found via Spotlight: