MacKeeper

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by knew2mack, Mar 1, 2011.

1. knew2mack macrumors regular

knew2mack

I could have sworn that I saw Mackeeper for $12.99 a few months ago...now it's $38??? I am a broke girl trying to keep my Mac in top shape as I am not te best at computer stuff, not a technical bone in my body.
    Can anyone suggest something similar within my budget or tell me what site I may have seen that price on....

Thanks so much
    dawn

2. simsaladimbamba

In all seriousness, you don't need MacKeeper, as Mac OS X takes care of itself with daily, weekly and monthly run scripts, and if you are worried you have a too big internet (www) cache, you can always run the RESET feature of your browser.
    I fare very well without such additional software and don't need to troubleshoot weekly or even monthly. And if I have a problem, a quick search via MRoogle or any other search engine solves it 99%.

3. knew2mack thread starter macrumors regular

knew2mack

thanks,

I am sure that my internet cache is huge but don't understand what you mean when you say 'reset feature of my browser' ----?????? Do you recommend 'clearing the system cache' or 'user cache'?????

I don't have ANY idea what to do....i just know that my computer has been acting strange, slower with a turbo speed connection, and I am hoping to be able to fix it myself.

thank you so much

4. simsaladimbamba

When you click on the Menu Bar, where it says the name of your browser (Safari, Opera, Firefox, Chrome) in bold, you can normally select RESET as a menu item, and then choose what to delete or not. You can also use the HELP menu to search for menu items.

If you still want to learn about Mac OS X:

Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios